Saturday, August 16, 2008

Welcome to my first post.

With this blog I hope to be able to share my passion for all things pink and shabby, I am addicted to this wonderful style, and love to find old furniture etc and transform it into a work of art, I will share this process with you over time.

If you see anything you would like to purchase, just send me an email and I would be only too happy to negotiate a price with you.

I also sew shabby cushions and quilts, and I think at last count I had 35 chenille bedspreads lol YIKES, don't tell DH. I team these with my stash of Rachel Ashwell and Laura Ashley fabrics, I have an enormous stash of shabby pink fabrics too lol.

Another of my passions is making jewellery and love using polymer clay, I have many canes I received from two lovely ladies in Israel, they are just devine, roses, butterflys, flowers and even a ladybug, I will share some creations with you soon.

I also paint in oils and pastels, landscapes mostly.

And I have only recently become addicted to card making, I have lots of fiskars (R) embossing templates, I just love those things. They are wonderful for many uses not just for card making.
I also use them for my next passion of which is..................................:)

Dollshouses and miniatures, yep as if I dont have enough to do lol, I make dollshouses and miniature items to put in them, plants, furniture, rocks and I actually make most of the houses myself as well. I have been fortunate to be able to set myself up with an array of power tools, yep they are not only for the boys you know.
I love my boys toys, I have a bandsaw, a scroll saw, a drill, well who hasnt got a drill lol, lots of other bits and pieces, and last but not least I have a wood lathe on order. Oh happy days lol.

So if you are interested in a dollshouse for yourself or your little princess drop me a line and we can work something out, but be early if you would like it for Christmas, as I cant make them over night rofl.
Now having said all that my houses are more for the adult collector, I do not make childs toys.
I work in 1/12th scale. One inch equals 1 foot in real life, I can also do 1/24th as well.

Weather permitting I love to potter around in the garden, not that I have much of a garden atm, but I am working on it. I ecpecially love to have a vegie garden, nothing like picking your own produce and cooking it up that same night.
We also have chooks who are kind enough to let us have a few eggs everyday, but then they do get all the kitchen scraps, so it all goes around and works out very well.

OK so now you know a little of what I like to do, please feel free to send me an email and have a chat, I do like to have a chat lol. I usually sit up till about 2am most nights, I am not a morning person at all, however I can arise early if I have to...:)

Well I am off to find a nice shabby pink template for this blog, if you know of any good ones please let me know.

Cheers, stay safe and have a wonderful evening.

Deb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!