Wednesday, September 17, 2008

10 sewn 90 to go

I am making a shabby quilt, I have sewn 100 squares of gorgeous shabby roses fabrics, all wadded with pure wool wadding and backed with pink drill cotton. It is going to be huge, I have 100 by 100 7 inch squares if I use them all on the one quilt, I will decide as I go along.










Here are the squares waiting to be sewn together, and you can see some of the fabrics I have used sitting beside them.

I have been wanting to make one of these quilts for so long, I started one a couple of years ago, but was not happy with the fabrics I had.

I hope to finish it in the next couple of days, If I can stop having visitors that is lol.

Hopefuly my builder freind will be here in the next week also to make a start on my shop, I am converting the large family room in our home into a shabby shop, I have all the furniture etc and most of the stock to fit it out, and we are in a fabulous spot for a shop. I will update you more as it progresses, this is something that has been in the works for about 2 years now, it is so hard to get any one to come and do work, and even harder when it is not a major building project. But I am hopeful it will happen sooner rather than later lol.

And to all of you who sent well whishes for my recent back surgery, A big big thankyou, I am much better thankyou, I think it may have worked a litte, I had a couple of nerves burnt off at the ends so I do not feel as much pain.

I still have the lower back to see to though, and have to still take my pain medication for that, so am unable to get of it yet. If you ever have to take pain medication, please try to only take it as you need it, it creeps up on you and before you know it you are addicted to the stuff.

Anyways the main thing is I feel somewhat better, and am able to do the things I love doing. So with that said it is off back to the sewing room.......

Cheers and have a lovely weekend.

Debra.

No comments: